For those looking for full Healing Space certification
ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR MODULE ONE (FOR THOSE INTENDING TO SEEK FULL HEALING SPACE CERTIFICATION)
If you are taking this module for CPD or personal interest purposes, then you need only complete the quiz. Full course candidates can also complete the quiz as a fun and useful recap.
Written exercise to be completed and returned (word limit guideline: no less than 500 and no more than 1000). Write a reflective piece on the content of section one of the Healing Space course. Include reference to the following:
a. What is healing?
b. What is presence? What does it mean to be present to someone else's pain or suffering?
c. Write about your understanding of the sutra from Patanjali Vishoka va jyotishmati, “Concentration may also be attained by fixing the mind upon the Inner Light, which is beyond sorrow."
d. How do you protect your own energy?
2. Research and provide short notes (bullet points) on the risk factors, diagnosis and treatment options for one of the four most common cancers: bowel, breast, lung or prostate.
You can download or order excellent information from Macmillan and Cancer Research UK. If you are outside the UK, you may use information from a nationally accredited organisation in your country.
3. Include your Code of Ethics.
1. Continue to keep a personal diary. Reflect on the work we have covered on the course and make notes on your own practice as it unfolds.
2. Reflect on chapter one of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras.
3. Read the Being with Dying (Joan Halifax) – a little every day – ongoing exercise.
4. Every day practise at least 10 mins of meditation. Also practise the Metta Bhavana whenever possible and the Divine Light Invocation when needed.
5. Continue with your asana practice including aspects of gentle and seated practices. Think about how to adapt the Joint Freeing Series from the attached handout for a chair ( PDF below) Jude will share a video of this practice in the next module.
6. Read The Cancer Guide, How to Talk to Someone with Cancer and How are you Feeling? (These are provided in the book list in section 1)
If this seems like quite a lot, remember that the course is designed to be studied over a minimum of six months, so you have six weeks, or more to complete Module One. You have plenty of time to absorb the learning and start to put it into practice.
EMAIL YOUR HOMEWORK TO [email protected]